Goals | May 2018

May 01, 2018

Source: Eddie Garcia / Unsplash

Pinch and a punch for the first of the month!

Am I too old to say that?

How are we in May? This year is flying by with lightning speed. I'm not quite sure where the last four months have gone! 

Last month, I set some goals for myself. I really liked the idea of having them written down somewhere so a) I can hold myself accountable, and b) I can refer back to them. I need to have progress markers and I found this was an effective way to measure success.

"Don't let yesterday take up too much of today."

 - Will Rogers

Let's get cracking, shall we?

01. Read two books. I enjoyed it the first time, so I want to keep this momentum going!
02. Exercise three days a week. I just need to do it. I complain that my body isn't where I want it to be, yet I do nothing (physical) to help myself. That needs to stop. I'm calling myself out on my excuses.
03. Blog three days a week. I know I can do it. I just have to be organised.
04. Start guest posting! I have a few guest posts lined up for myself and this blog, so I'm excited to see these things start to happen.
05. Set a study schedule. I had a reminder pop up that I have forty-three days until my exam. Um, talk about nerve-wracking. I'm aiming to put aside an hour a day to revise old material on top of the new stuff I'm learning. I recently found out the materials to expect in the exam, so it should be easy to pick what material is essential and what stuff I can skip over.
06. Limit my caffeine intake. I want to be drinking two cups of coffee per day (max.) by the end of this month. 
07. Do something for myself. It's Mother's Day this month, so I deserve a little somethin'. I'm currently still deciding what that is, but I'll be sure to report back!
08. No phone before 7am. I have a bad habit of scrolling aimlessly until 11pm. I've made peace with that. It is what it is. On the other hand, I am not happy with my seemingly automatic response to reach for my phone as soon as I wake up. 

~

What are your goals for May? What exercise do you enjoy? Do you have any study tips for me?

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Im with you for the gym - I was so on it for the past few months and now I can't think of anything worse! Must.Go!

    P xx
    https://phoebemw.squarespace.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Argh, right? I've finally worked out two days in a row and I feel SO GOOD! Fingers crossed I can make it three days!

      xo, Victoria

      Delete